Berries are in high production now, we are eating many berries and clicking less. Here are few of the pictures clicked. This year I didn’t a good job cleaning out Strawberry bed in fall and early spring. There were many weed runner, mainly buttercups and lots of old dead leaves. Many of my strawberries were rotten (neglect to pick up, rotting under leaves mess). I have to keep up with strawberries and clean up in spring next year for more production.
Here is mid-July garden update:
Pea vines were pulled out, before pulling peas reached high up.
Here is Bed 2 with huge broccoli plant with tiny head 😦 along with kale, lettuce and some chard.
More peas – these are snow peas. I didn’t like the taste and I didn’t use much in cooking. I might not grow snow peas again, I’d rather grow shelling and snap peas.
We harvested more Peas (snow peas, snap and shelling) , broccoli shoots and arugula this week.
Next week looks more promising with harvest, many onions are dropping tops so I might get a big harvest out of it.
This week’s harvest:
Snow Peas: #22
Broccoli shoots: 1 cup
Strawberries: 2 containers (not pictured)
Parsley: 1 bunch
Onions + tops: 32
Raspberries: 2 containers (not pictured)